- Time: 08:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Location: Boroondara Farmers Market, Patterson Reserve, Auburn Road, Hawthorn East
- Contact: Environment and Sustainable Living department - 9278 4011
- Price $2 (entry to Farmers Market)
Come along to the Boroondara Sustainable Living Festival and get expert advice, hands-on experience and a range of freebies to help you make healthier and more sustainable choices at home. The Sustainability Festival will run alongside the Boroondara Farmers Market.
The program includes:
- Chris Humfrey of ABC1’s Wild Life series will bring his amazing collection of native animals, including koalas, gliders, kookaburras, snakes, frogs and lizards.
- Sustainability experts will conduct sessions on growing your own food, keeping backyard bees and chooks, solar power at home, habitat gardening, green cleaning, e-waste and recycling, worm farming and more.
- Hands-on demonstrations including beekeeping, chooks, worm farming and productive gardening.
- Free herb and veggie seedlings, and indigenous plant tube stock.
- Big discounts on worm farm kits purchased on the day (Note: cash only)
- Try out the latest in electric bikes
- Delicious food, fresh produce and atmosphere of the Boroondara Farmers Market.
The Boroondara Sustainability Festival will be run together with the Farmers Market at Patterson Reserve, Auburn Road, Hawthorn East. The festival and market will run from 8.00 am until 1.00 pm.
More details: Sustainable Living Festival - 2012, City of Boroondara